Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's been 7 years today...

And I remember it as if it was yesterday. I was walking in the door from taking my daughter to school when my cell rang. Another mom from her school was calling to tell me she was turning around to pick up the kids and did I want her to get Alexis while she was there? When I asked why, she said I had better turn on the television. I stood, frozen, for several seconds watching in horror, then ran out the door and went back to the school. She hadn't even made it inside yet. The kids could tell something was up, but they didn't know what. Her best friend was with her, so I took both of them and left, calling her mom as I did so. The kids went into her room with a movie, and I sat down on the sofa and cried.

I love my family.

No comments: