Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A favorite recipe....

I don't have any pics of this yet, because I haven't made it recently...but I plan to soon and a couple people had asked for the recipe, so here it is! Enjoy it...I know I will! :)
That recipe looks tasty! It is not quite the same as what I make, though. The way I make it is based on the way it was made the first time I had it..and fell instantly in love ;-)

CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA

6 Chicken Breast Halves -- Skinned And Boned
6 Slices Prosciutto
6 Slices Provolone Cheese
6 whole sage leaves
1/2 Cup Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
2 tsp Sage (dried, rubbed)
1/4 Cup Olive oil
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp Thyme
1/2 Cup Shallots -- Minced
3 Large Garlic Cloves -- Minced
1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
1 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
1/2 Cup Cream


Combine the flour with the salt, pepper, and dried sage on a plate. Set aside.
Pound each of the breast halves to a uniform thickness, around 1/4". Dredge in seasoned flour.
Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil with 2 Tbsp butter in a large skillet. Brown 3 of the chicken pieces over med-high heat. Repeat with remaining olive oil, butter & chicken, placing the chicken pieces on a baking sheet as they get done.
Top each piece of chicken witha slice of proscuitto, then a sage leaf, then a slice of cheese. Set aside while you make the sauce.
In the olive oil-butter combination remaining in the skillet, saute the shallots and garlic. Add the thyme, and 1-2 tbsp of the reamining seasoned flour, and stir. Whisk in the white wine and chicken broth. Simmer for 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in the cream. Pour over chicken.
Bake chicken at 350* for 15 minutes, until cheese is completely melted and chicken is cooked through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks I'm going to make this. It's the most wholesome recipe I've found online.