Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Mom!!

Happy Birthday to Mom!!
Today is my wonderful, beautiful Mom's birthday...but since it is also a work day for most of us, we decided to celebrate yesterday, Sunday. My brother Jim, his wife Carrie and their children (Ashley, Emily, Ian & Hunter), as well as my brother Rick and his wife, Van were all there along with myself, Mom, Dad, brother Brian and his gal Deniece. Breakfast was the first plan of the day, so Jim & Carrie set to work on the stuffed French toast, bacon, sausage, eggs, and juice.

Now, let me just say, my brother and his wife share my love of cooking, so it was sure to be a delicious meal with all of us there, the progeny of such a wonderful cook herself, Mom!


Carrie made the egg batter for dipping the French toast using a dozen eggs, some condensed milk, vanilla, orange zest, and a tiny bit of sugar. The filling was Ricotta, cream cheese, sour cream, and a little vanilla sugar, divided then combined with peaches on one bowl, apples in another. The only left to prep was the bread itself, 2 loaves of French bread.


As you can see, it turned out beautifully. There was both stuffed and unstuffed, along with the breakfast meats, eggs, etc...and of course, we had to get some fresh fruit in there too! Cantaloupe and Honeydew melons, served sliced as you see above. The scent of the cantaloupe filled the air, combining with the sweet scent of the French toast, whetting everyone's appetite.
Later in the week I will get the recipe with measurements for the fillings, and post them. Also, I'll psot about the dinner we made after us gals returned from shopping! Happy Birthday MOM!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday to Mom!

The breakfast sounds great... looking forward to the next post!